Helping Dogs and Cats Rescue are desperate for more foster carers. As fast as we can rehome right now, there are more animals waiting to come in. We welcome applications from cat and dog loving people in Basingstoke and surrounding areas. We are overwhelmed by the amounts of phone calls we are receiving and we hate to say no but we need your help to foster until we can find forever homes for these cats and dogs.
We are looking for the fosters;
Who have No other pets
Who already have a Resident dog
With or with out children
Who are in City and rural locations
Long and short term fosters
Adult only homes
Whether you are looking to foster or adopt please find our criteria below:
· We do not home to flats above ground level.
· We do not home with children under 8 years of age.
· You will require a minimum 5ft height secure fence/wall.
· We do not home on main roads or close to railway lines.
· We do not home with children under 5 years of age.
1 months worth of pet food
New cat or dog bed
New cat or dog bowls
All vets costs paid for
Lead, harness and collar
Support from the team
Help and advice
Becoming a foster carer means you are providing invaluable support in caring for a lost, abandoned, or unwanted animal by preparing them for their new home.
Fostering an animal in your own home, will give you as the foster carer, and us as the rescue, time to assess how the animals is settling in. With your support we will be able to get a good understanding of the dog or cat, the type of home we should be looking for, its character, nature, personality, any bad traits, any on-going training support that maybe required and best of all the opportunity to take lots of photos!
We ask that you foster animal (if applicable).
· Walking on the lead
· Sleeping through the night
· Toilet trained or in the case of puppies making good progress.
· Is in good health. (cats)
· Social enough to meet prospective adopters (cats)
· We may ask you to take your foster dog or cat to be vet checked including neutering or spaying
The length of time various and depends on the individual animal. We do not have kennel or shelter space. Animals will be fostered until they are rehomed, and we don’t know how long this could take, it could be for a couple of weeks to a month or two. Sometimes this could be shorter or longer.
Your support and contributions will enable us to help more animals in need.