1. If you see a cat that you are interested in adopting, or are just interested in general, in the first instance please can you complete and return an application form. https://helpingdogsandcatsuk.org/forms
Please ensure that you meet our criteria if you are looking to adopt a cat, see below:
• We do not home on main roads or close to railway lines
• We do not home with children under 5
2. We will review all applications received and if successful, a member of our volunteer admin team will call you for an informal chat. We will talk through the answers on your application form and find out more about you, your lifestyle etc. This is also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have.
3. If the rescue and yourselves feel that it is a good match, we will organise an in-person home check. There is a £10 charge for home checks, which will be deducted off the compulsory adoption fee at the end.
4. For cats – After the home check has been approved, we will arrange for a meet and greet.
5. After ongoing conversations and if everyone agrees, we will send you an adoption agreement to sign and return to us. We will also ask for the adoption fee to be paid.
Rescue Back Up
The team works hard to ensure that our cats go into the right homes and vice versa that you are happy with the adoption. We understand that sometimes things do not work out, people’s circumstances change, or you may feel that you are not coping or having issues. and, in these rare instances, we provide full rescue back up.
Exciting News - All of our animals now come with 5 weeks free pet insurance.
Friday 1 July
Our phone lines are still down and we are waiting for an engineer to attend.
If you need to contact us please send us a message via Facebook or drop us email to email@example.com